Sunday, 16 January 2011

Pope Benedict XVI receiving the DVD
from Mgr Andrew Summersgill
Pope Benedict XVI was presented with the official Papal Visit DVD by Papal Visit Co-ordinator Mgr Andrew Summersgill at a recent weekly Audience in the Vatican.

Pope Benedict congratulated Mgr Summersgill on all of the good work from those responsible for organising the Visit, echoing his words at the General Audience on 22 September, immediately after the Visit:

“From the very first day of my stay in the United Kingdom and throughout my Visit I met with a warm welcome from the Authorities, from the representatives of the various social realities and of the different religious confessions and, especially, the common people. I am thinking in particular of the faithful of the Catholic Community and their Pastors who, in spite of being a minority in the country, are widely appreciated, esteemed and committed to the joyous proclamation of Jesus Christ, making the Lord shine out and making themselves his voice, especially among the lowliest. To all I renew the expression of my deep gratitude for the enthusiasm shown and for the praiseworthy diligence with which they strove for the success of my Visit, whose memory I shall always cherish in my heart.”

The DVD has been produced by the Papal Visit office following unprecedented interest on the official website, which hosted the most-watched webcast ever in the UK. It is estimated that between 5 and 8 million people watched the Papal Visit on the webstream, either live or on the watch-again facility. This footage has now been archived as a permanent legacy on http://www.thepapalvisit.org.uk/.

The DVD is available from the DABCEC bookshop at price of £9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment