Tuesday, 23 October 2012

A Lourdes Redshirt Reflection

A&B Redshirts hold umbrellas over Pilgrimage 'VIPs' in rain at Lourdes Grotto
The annual Arundel & Brighton Lourdes Pilgrimage takes place every year in late July and a great part of that pilgrimage is the group of Redshirts, years 10 and 11, who provide a welcome and support to the main pilgrimage. Below some of those young Redshirts reflect on their experience:

"Lourdes has developed my relationship with God greatly, but the greatest thing that Lourdes has given me is friendship. There are a lot of great experiences in Lourdes and a lot of emotional times, and sharing them as Redshirts builds the greatest friendships." Carl

"Being a Redshirt had made me be a happier and grateful person. I have learned not to judge anyone as you do not know their story. It has also made me realise that doing so little for someone you do not know really can make a huge difference, and I will hope to come back as a Redshirt next year and a helper in the years to come." Nadia

"My Redshirt experience far exceeded my expectations, as I was quite fearful in the first meeting, and was not expecting to make so many close friends, also I was able to relate to the religious services more than I had had believed I would, as well as touching me deeply." Anna Marie

"It’s made me realise how much I take for granted and how much I don’t give thanks for. But now...! Seeing all the sick pilgrims and the amount of courage and faith they have has made me want to help people more than I do! And go back every year!" Keeley

To find out more about the redshirts go to www.yaab.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment